The radiation hybrid map, on the right of each page, is based on the Goodfellow T51 radiation hybrid panel. It was begun by Pascal Haffter in 1998 and is continuously being expanded. The map contains data from our lab and from the Children's Hospital Zebrafish Genome Initiative, Boston, led by Yi Zhou, as well as data submitted to us by other researchers. Boston markers are indicated by "*", and submitted markers by "#". Shown are all markers linked to at least one other marker with a LOD score of 6 or more. Gaps indicate two-point LOD scores of less than 6.
We are currently adding several thousand new markers to the radiation hybrid map. For this purpose we collaborate with the WashU-Zebrafish Genome Resources Project, led by Stephen L. Johnson, who develop ESTs, design primer sequences, and provide them to us.
The genetic map, on the left, shows only SSLP markers selected for anchoring the radiation hybrid map. The SSLP map was created by the lab of Mark Fishman (Knapik, E.W., et al. (1998) Nature Genet 18, 338-43); a complete version is available from the WWW MGH Zebrafish Server. It also shows mutations that were genetically mapped in our lab.
Before printing a map, please click on the map image to make sure it has the web browser's "focus".
Obtaining information about markers
SSLPs are shown in blue. Click on an SSLP name to open the corresponding GenBank entry in a new window. Links may fail for some markers that have not yet been entered in GenBank; information on these should be available on the MGH server.
Published genes and ESTs are shown in green. GenBank accession numbers (in upper case) are given for unambiguous identification. Click to open the corresponding GenBank entry in a new window. A small number of genes on our published map have no GenBank entry; references for these are:
- Postlethwait, J.H., et al. (1998) Nature Genet 18, 345-9: acvr2, ednrb, epb72, fli1, g6pdl, hbae1, hbb, hha, lmo2, msxc, mybc, myog, npy, pyy, rcp, tfa, tie1, twist, wnt10br, wnt11r, zef1, zef2
- T. Roeser and H. Baier, in preparation: brn3b
- Hammerschmidt, M. (1994), doctoral thesis, Universität Tübingen: rel
Other STSs, including anonymous markers and BAC ends, are shown in black. Information about anonymous markers is currently withheld by the researchers who generated them.
- Anonymous markers with names starting with "unp" were submitted to our lab; please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get in contact with the submitter. For our policy regarding anonymous markers please refer to the data submission form.
- Anonymous markers with names starting with "chunp" were submitted to Children's Hospital; please send any request concerning these markers to email@example.com.
- STSs with other names other than "unp", "chunp", "bz", "zk", and "zkp" are by Yi Zhou (unpublished).
Mutations are shown in red. If the mutation has been assigned a name, the gene symbol is given, otherwise the mutant allele. Click on a gene symbol to open the corresponding ZFIN entry in a new window.
Citing mapping data
For markers on our published map (a list of these is available on the raw data page) please cite:
Geisler, R., Rauch, G.-J., Baier, H., van Bebber, F., Broß, L., Davis, R. W., Dekens, M., Finger, K., Fricke, C., Gates, M. A., Geiger, H., Geiger-Rudolph, S., Gilmour, D., Glaser, S., Gnügge, L., Habeck, H., Hingst, K., Holley, S., Keenan, J., Kirn, A., Knaut, H., Lashkari, D., Maderspacher, F., Martyn, U., Neuhauss, S., Neumann, C., Nicolson, T., Pelegri, F., Ray, R., Rick, J., Roehl, H., Roeser, T., Schauerte, H. E., Schier, A. F., Schönberger, U., Schönthaler, H.-B., Schulte-Merker, S., Seydler, C., Talbot, W. S., Weiler, C., Nüsslein-Volhard, C. and Haffter, P. (1999). A radiation hybrid map of the zebrafish genome. Nature Genet 23, 86-9.
For markers that were mapped in Tübingen after the original publication, add "Robert Geisler and Gerd-Jörg Rauch, unpublished". Please be aware that map positions can change between one update and the next. If possible, specify the flanking genetic markers, and include the date of the map.
Scoring data for the following markers were submitted to us. Please contact the submitter for the correct reference (there may or may not be a publication, and the submitter is not necessarily the first author):
- Maria Anderson: AF278758=cbfb, AF306857=cebp1
- Ingo Braasch: AF184244=hua
- Chris J. Cretekos: AF136454=lef1
- Karin Finger: z3424, z15777, AB049457=ath5
- Cornelia Fricke: L25273=cd166, AF136946=tbx2b, robo2
- Monique Goerl: fk28d11.x1, fk24h05.x1
- Ron Gregg: z9392
- Toshio Hirano: AB023488=dkk1, AB032264=gsk3a, AB032265=gsk3b, AB032262=axin1, AB032263=axil
- Donald Jackson, Mark Fishman and C. C. Liu: zeh1304
- Suresh Jesuthasan: zf-es20, zf-es43, AF081128=fn1, z7813, fb50e04
- Elaine Joseph: AF205259=emj-twist1
- Mick Jurynec: z1195, z25713, z27227, z6190, z40966, z13579, AF354750=psma6-a, AF354751=psma6b
- Candy Kadavi: fd19f01, fd19a08, fd19d02, fd19a02, fd20e11, fd16h10, fd18b01, fd19g01, fc66b02, fc66a05, fc66f08, fc66h12, fd14c01, fc07a10, fc07d06, fc08f03, fc62e09, fc63e02, fc63b12, fc65f03, fc65b11, fc66c01, fc66d01, fc07c06, fc06d06, fc06b08, fc06b04, fc05g11, fc05d08, fc04g11, fc04b02, fc04a01, fc04c03, fc03h03, fc02c07, fc01g11, fc01f04, fc01e04, fc01a09, fb98f09, fb98d04, fb98d02, fb97d06, fb98c02, fb97f09, fb97c01, fb95h05, fb94b02, fb97e04, fb06e12, fb09f07, fb93b12, fb08c06, fb11h05, fb11e01, fc01b08, fb99a03, fb22f02, fa03c11.s1, fc62e05, fa03e09.s1, fa02g11, fb22f07, fc62b10, fa01b01.s1, fb33f06, fa12g02.s1, fb38g05, fb37d08, fb37a05, fb17f01, fa01b09.s1, fa96e12, fb02h07, fb08f10, fb12g07, fb14b11, fb83b05, fb83f11, fb92b11, fb92e03, fb92g01, fe37e05, fb40d12, fb43e12, fb52b11, fd02a07, fd02e01, fd07b03, fd07c11, fc93e07, fd11a11, fb53f04, fb54e10
- Arindam Majumdar: AF139536=wnt4b
- Ichiro Masai: AB049457=atoh7
- Alex Nechiporuk: z9633, z9831, z9818, z22016, z5504
- Greg Palardy: AF060697=fz8a, X67648=cdh2, Y12466=gro2, Y12467=gro1, fc34d02.x1
- B. Pike: AF212919=men1
- Beth Roman: AJ004863=efnb2, AF063446=ahr2
- Charles Sagerstrom: AF162696=pbx4
- Nobuhiro Takahashi: AB032726=cugbp1
- Christopher Ton: zeh0038, zeh0152, zeh0190, zeh0308, zeh0351, zeh0582, zeh0455, zeh0655, zeh0376, zeh0993, zeh0657, zeh0682, zeh0767, zeh1094, AI353908=fth1, zeh1249, zeh0225, zeh0293, zeh0300, zeh0344, zeh1201, zeh1243, zeh1271, zeh1150, zeh1173, zeh1186, zeh1190, zeh1207, zeh1307, zeh1311, zeh1546, zeh1581, zeh0223, zeh0248, zeh0381, zehn1144, zehn0206, zehn0229, zehn0309, zehn0379, zehn0464, zehn0543, zehs0146, zehn1109, zeh0157, zeh0176, zeh0266, zeh0269, zeh0298, zeh0341, zeh0348, zeh0353, zeh0389, zeh0374, zeh0535, zeh0637, zeh0670, zeh0031, zehn0716, zeh0174, zeh1183, zeh1364, zeh0853, zehn0873, BE693203=pb1, zeh0294, zewp0171, zeh0656, zehn1068, zehn2160, zehn1157, zeh1122, zeh0800, zeh0068, zehn1044, zeh0409, zeh1616, zeh0008, zeh0124, zeh0312, zeh0377, zeh0082, zehl0669, zeh1559, zehn2383, zeh0402, zehl0169, zehl0603, zehl0587, zeh1367, zehl0637, zehn0822, zehn0874, zehn1116, zehn1036, zehn1143, zehn1110
- Heather Van Epps: z9574
- Steven J. Waldron: AF121771=mix, AF228334=hand2
- Ann Wehman: fb78d09.y1, z54959
- Kristine Wylie: fb55e02, fb57g03, fe37d09, fd05d08, fb01e10, fb93e11, fb53d10, fd42c04, fd42f04, fd43b10, fe38h02, fe47d06, fe49a10, fe50b07, fe50g11, fi04d07, fi04d11, fi04h01, fi04h04, fd42g12, fi11e09, fi13a08, fi14g09, fi15c07, fi15d05, fi15f05, fi20h12, fi21a12, fi21d03, fi22c10, fi26f06, fi26h05, fi26h09, fi27b05, fb49f03, fb50f05, fb51b08, fb51c01, fb51e06, fd11e12, fd12b03, fd12b07, fi11a05, fi35b07, fi42f11, fi42d10, fi40a10, fi35h01, fi32b02, fi38c08, fi39f07, fd21g03, fi31g01, fi33d02, fi31h06, fi41h04, fi34f03, fi23c12, fi17f11, fi23g04, fd45b07
- Jeffrey A. Yoder: AF116539=iclp2, AF295372=pc, AF246162=nlc3, AF246184=lc114